13 Apr Breakfast & Porridge Love
This is a multifuncional post where you will find a Porridge Recipe, a Golden Mylk Recipe and some history about my life (we don’t loose a winning team (this is a french metaphore that does not make any sense in English)) !!
I know winter is gone, spring has started and summer is just around the corner but I wanted to share the breakfasts I usually have during cold days. Of course according to the season we have different cravings and I think it’s pretty common to eat warm plates and comfort food during winter. My favorite comfort food ever is the Porridge and I event eat it salty with eggs and vegetables. It’s a very nutritious plate, easy to prepare (10 to 20 minutes) and work perfectly as a to-go meal in a mason jar or your tupperware (if you are like me and you don’t have money to spend on Mason Jars). Also it’s soo versatile because it can be prepare with plenty of different ingredients (pineapple, apple, strawberries, mango, almonds, nuts, seeds etc…)!
GOLDEN MYLK - Turmeric Latte
My favorite drink for breakfast (and other moments too) during cold days is the Golden Mylk, first of all because it helps be keep my body warm when I get out of my bed and it’s cold outside. A coffee would also work but the taste is not what I prefer. Second, turmeric is an amazing anti-inflammatory and it helps me get through the back pain I suffer sometimes. Turmeric also improve the mood and the energy levels so it’s a great way to start the day… Just as good as Ginger & Lemon water in summer !
- 40g oatmeal flakes
- 100ml almond milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
The toppings a totally optional but you can play with fruits, nut butter, seeds, dried fruits, nuts, apple sauce…
- 1/4 organic curcuma powder
- 1/2 filtered water
- Black pepper
- Nut milk of your choice
- In a little saucepan heat the oatmeal with the milk until it’s boiling
- When it starts boiling add the agave syrup, the pinch of salt & the chia seeds
- Put in your bowl and top with your favorite ingredients!
- For this one above I put some strawberries, strawberry jam and some raw grated chocolate…
- First of all we have to prepare the turmeric paste to be able to prepare the golden mylk everyday
- In a little saucepan put the turmeric with the water and some black pepper and stir slowly
- It will start looking like a paste, when it’s homogenous take it off and store in a little jar
- For the Golden Mylk just heat the milk for a few minutes in a saucepan and add one tsp Turmeric Paste to it and some agave syrup if needed