08 May Easy Lentil Stew w/ Potatoes, Carrots Fennel & Turnip
I know winter is over but we have a few cold days again in Barcelona and I felt I wanted to eat something hot. This is a high level comfort food plate with all the cheap veggies you find anywhere during winter. It can be prepared in less than an hour and all the family will be happy and warm. I actually love eating veggie stews in winter because it’s warm, tasty and it keeps you full for a long time.
You can replace the veggies by other but I used carrots, potatoes, turnips and fennel because they are the stew veggies by excellence!
For 4 persons
- 250g raw lentils or 1 can of cooked lentils
- 3 carrots
- 1 big potato
- 1 fennel
- 1 onion
- 2 white turnips
- 2 garlic cloves, salt & pepper
- Add some spices if you wish
- In a big saucepan, put the garlic thinly chopped and the onions cut in dices add a table spoon of olive oil and let simmer for a few minutes
- Cut your veggies in dices and add them to the saucepan with the raw lentils (if you use canned lentils add them later) and 1L water
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 40 minutes approximately (there you add the cooked lentils if using them)
- Add salt, pepper and other spices if you’d like
- You can cook it longer if you want it to be tastier !